National Public Housing Museum
Click on image for project details
• Member of the team that developed the HOPE VI redevelopment plan for Robert Taylor Homes B
(8 bldgs.) and Dearborn Homes. Taylor B approved for $25 million in funding.
• Oversight and execution of all responsibilities related to the real estate closing from site
remediation to contractor selection through construction completion for a 96 unit
development for the formerly homeless.
• Co-authored four strategic plans for the Chicago Housing Authority (Dearborn Homes, Stateway Gardens, Robert Taylor Homes A, Robert Taylor Homes B).
• Co-authored the Empowerment Zone application for the Bronzeville Institute. Approved for funding.
• Authored the Empowerment Zone application for the Overton Hygienic building. Approved for
• Conducted a needs assessment and market survey for the historic Wabash YMCA.
• Evaluated community development and greening programs for a Chicago-based foundation and developed recommendations for grant-making. Drafted the RFP announcing the new program and recommended grantees for funding.
• Determined the feasibility of a capital campaign for the 250-bed Chicago Youth Hostel; assisted in
site selection; and built public and private support for the project.
• Designed an affordable home-ownership pilot program for the physically disabled to assist them to purchase and customize an existing home.
• Designed and conducted focus groups and completed market analysis for residential rental properties owned by a REIT.
• Co-authored a Human Investment Plan for Kansas City, Missouri.
• Researched and identified Advisory Commission members for an exhibit on global trade.
• Completed HUD comprehensive needs assessments for eight properties in Illinois and Indiana
to determine the near and long-term, physical, social and economic development needs of
• Authored a HUD Section 202 application for funding for 60 units of senior citizen housing.
Approved for funding.
• Planned and managed launch of a new national cultural institution in an historic building.
Including organizational development and capacity building, fundraising/resource development,
board development, community outreach and engagement, real estate matters.
• Assisted in the marketing and project analysis for a new community in Argentina consisting of 2,500 units of housing, retail and commercial services and amenities, and public facilities.
• Identified and raised $10 million in funding for a bi-lingual child care, senior and
• Identified and assisted in obtaining a $4 million state grant to develop a child care center for children impacted by HIV/AIDS.
• Led a 100 year-old women's organization and housing provider through an organizational transformation.
Authored a needs analysis which resulted in property sale, staff changes and transition to a grant-
• Created a post-occupancy plan for Westhaven Park (Phase 2 of the Henry Horner Homes
• Executive Project Manager for the North Lawndale Community Learning Center.
• Identified and assembled the team for a mixed-use affordable historic artist housing
development. Co-created the building concept.
• Co-led a team in the planning and pre-development for the renovation of an historic art center including reviewing programming, asset mapping and creating a master plan for the site.
• Staffed and led the Rosenwald Transformation Task Force.
• Co-developer for multi-site mixed-use community redevelopment project in Greater Grand Crossing.